Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Linux forever!

I got a new mini laptop from my dad. Not an HP Mini, but an Acer mini laptop. It's so cute because it comes with a small Linux OS. I've taken the challenge of making it into the ultimate Linux companion. I need to be able to take it anywhere with me so I need it to be legal and optimal (hence Linux). I also need it to be compatible to the top 5 things I need a laptop for:

1. To store and edit my photos
2. To study Japanese (ebooks, programs, dictionaries, japanese input compatible)
3. To write stories, blog entries
4. To download stuff - bittorrent compatible
5. To do some minor programming when the bug hits me

So far, I've chosen Ubuntu as my main Linuz OS. It is a user friendly interface and they have an OS especially for small notebooks like mine.

So far, I've downloaded it. However, I need a usb drive for me to install it in my laptop who I now baptize as "L". For Linux, for Life and of course, for the Death Note character. I'm sure Neal will probably try to name his laptop now that I've started the trend.

I'm so excited I want to go out and buy myself a laptop skin for it. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

На этом хорошем новостном портале вы сможете узнать, что такое сеть сателлитов, настройка Wordpess%сайт сателлит. Кроме этого вы найдете для себя еще кое-какие интересные достижения успеха. Окунитесь в экзотический мир, где ваши электронные деньги становятся реальностью! You are welcome! Be happy!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.