Tuesday, January 05, 2010

the new house part 1

I wanted to create a photo montage of everything that has happened but I was way too busy to actually find the time to get pictures taken. So here's a brief summary of what happened:

Dec 19: Move in date, got most of the stuff from my old home, Anahaw and my dad's apartment into our new home. We are still missing Neal's books from Bulacan. We got them all stuffed into the 3 bedrooms. The dog cages and the gate just got delivered.

Dec 20: Overall status: No chairs, no tables, no kitchen, no dogs, no food to speak of. In the bright side, our appliances, minus the oven, got delivered. On the other hand, since we weren't connected to Meralco directly, we couldn't use any of them T_T. Our kitchen and sala set also gets delivered! Hurray for us! We also borrowed some tools to be able to finish our dining table since we only got the chairs set up. Neal's mom came home so we picked her up and made sure the other bedroom was at least livable.

Dec 21: No one came!!! No deliveries, no workers, nothing! So my mother in law and I went to Alabang Town Center till Neal came home and had dinner there. We also rearranged the house to look like a house. We also bought the one thing that would save us from hunger: an electric griller.

Dec 22: Our sala set and kitchen gets finished. However, we lacked granite so I had to go around canvassing. I wasn't able to get the color I wanted initially but I still got the black one ^_^ The oven also got delivered. It barely made it through the assigned space but at least it did.

Dec 23: Neal started working at home so I at least got someone to help me find laborers to install the granite which was delivered this morning. Neal's mom left early this morning and the gate finally got finished.

Dec 24: The screens got delivered and installed! No more mosquito bites. The granite part of the kitchen has now been finished and installed as well. Woot! Amazing how fast people work on Christmas Eve. However, we still didn't have gas so the kitchen was just somewhat functional.

Dec 25: Christmas! I spent it with my family at ATC hehehe. We also bought an AVR so we could finally plug in stuff. The refrigerator was finally alive!!! Cold water tastes great.

No comments: