Friday, January 28, 2005

things to look forward to

there are so many things to look forward to this year:
two weddings
a trip to palawan
constantine, sin city, (ok fine) fantastic 4
neil gaiman's new book-- anansi boys
and...


Neil Gaiman!!!!

yup. i was reading the blog when i saw this :

Incidentally, I'm trying to organise (well, I'm not actually doing the
organising) the promised signings in the Phillipines and Singapore before or
after the Melbourne convention and Australian book signings this summer. The
signing in the Philippines looks like it's happening, but I'm not sure about the
Singapore one, as originally I was going be brought in with Dave McKean by the
British Council, a plan that was scuppered by MirrorMask, and now I'm not really
sure who to talk to. (If anyone in Singapore has any bright ideas, feel free to
let me know.)


i don't even know when or where. well quite possibly after the anasi boys and in makati. well honestly i don't care coz i'm going to take the day off when he does come. :)
heck i did it for eve ensler and i love his work more.
not that meeting eve ensler was not great, she really did have good ideas and i liked her and she introduced me to monique wilson and they invited me to see the valentines day vagina monologues show with them.... ok im babbling. that was great.
neal by the way was silent beside me all the time probably asking himself how i can just chat these people up just like that.

anyway, had two dreams about meeting him here in the Philippines, both times I failed to get him to sign something. The one time I dreamt I saw him in some great beach resort I even though it was a dream and the people said no.

I thought it meant that borroms will be able to get his autograph during the Sundance Festival (I just found out this week that he was in a 5 mile radius of Neil Gaiman) but I was wrong. He really is coming here.

I can't wait to tell my friends. Cos and I used to do the "I'm the biggest fan" fight. I think. Well, they'll be thrilled. We can make a fieldtrip out of this. I just hope it doesnt conflict with the two weddings mentioned above because the rest of the dates can be moved around.

I think its fairly safe to say that Book Fairs are out of the question because we just don't do that here. It might be a toss between Powerbooks and Fully Booked. I hope it's Powerbooks, for personal reasons of course and the fact that I'll probably know the organizers wouldn't hurt too.

Oh well, i'll post the news when I get some.

No comments: