Tuesday, December 01, 2009

on ghosts and other things

on ghosts
Neal and I went to Alabang with Pauline and Ronnie (my sister and her boyfriend) and we had a chance to go through some developing subdivision. We got there at around 7 in the evening and since it was really dark there. Lots of houses built with no one living in them. We only saw one house with people and electricity. We passed by this row of 5 similar houses and I saw a man looking out the window out of one of them. It was strange because I couldn't see his face though he was standing behind a closed window. He was wearing a white shirt and he was bald. I already knew it wasn't possible since workers aren't allowed to stay there and no one is living in that subdivision yet. There weren't even any streetlights yet. When we passed the row again less than 5 minutes later, he was gone. I started getting this cold creepy feeling up my back. I knew it was a ghost. I wasn't the only one who saw him too. Ronnie saw him as well. So I guess the question is, does that make the ghost real? When more than one people sees it? Or does that make him human?


on Watching new moon
Last Friday, Neal had to leave work early. Not because he wanted to but because he had to. They had a policy that day when everyone had to leave the office at exactly 5:30 PM. I love that policy. I wish they would have that more often. Anyway, we had a date night in Greenbelt 3. The only place Neal wants to go to and park. We thought we could catch an early showing of New Moon since it was a Friday and everyone else seemed to have watched it last week but no. The 8PM and 10Pm showing were already booked. We had to settle for the last full show at 11PM. We didn't particularly want to watch it but since the only other option was Christmas Carol and Ninja Assassin, we took our chances with New Moon. Neal even warned me to keep quiet since we will be watching the movie. It turned out, he was the one who couldn't keep quiet. He kept yawning, making comments, and reacting to the movie.
I could have kept quiet throughout the whole thing except for the scene where Alice showed Aro(Michael Sheen, who was a werewolf called Lucius in Underworld) how she knew Bella will be a vampire. I had to laugh out loud. If you have watched it, you'll understand. I'm sorry.
Neal kept making remarks like, "was this written by a thirteen year old? or "this is 300 all over again." So much for being nice amidst die hard fans.
Dakota Fanning has grown old! She's great and she looks so mature but the movie (or should I say the book?) could have developed better. If they were real vampires for instance, Edward wouldn't be having such a hard time killing himself. Where does all his angst come from anyway? Everyone else in his family seems normal compared to him. And true to the Twilight Saga, they managed to make werewolves cute and cuddly. So much for scary vampires and werewolves.

on spending on books
I bought a cheap copy of wicked. Cheap for a new book since it was only 349 pesos. Did I say it was cheap? You'll understand why when I explain what happened next. We bought it in Greenbelt 3 and we knew the person manning the cashier. She pointed out something I never really bothered with: my purse points. She said "Wow, you have a lot of purse points."
I only have 210 purse points in my Powercard and I didn't think it was a lot until she explained it. You get one point for every peso you spend in Powerbooks. For every 1000 points, you get 1 purse point and I have 210.
If you do the math, that's 210 purse points x 1000 points = PHP210,000.00.
I can't believe I've spent that much in books in a period of more or less 12 years? All for personal reading material. Sure I've bought gifts, like an average of 1500 every year for Dawn and Arf so that still leaves me with a whole lot of books. I wonder how that will grow now that I'm about to move into a new house?

No comments: