Sunday, February 12, 2006

ok so one week isn't so bad.

just woke up from "wathcing" Dragons:A Fantasy Made Real. I was actually looking forward to it for two weeks. Alas, one week of having the DSL meant sleepless nights not from studying or writing or reading or blogging but of playing. Yup if there was a Gamer's Anonymous, I probably would be a candidate. Not that I would go since I don't want to kick the habit.
I was playing RF online until this Saturday. A week ago, ask neal if he was ever going to play WoW (World of Warcraft) he would have said no and that he was going to stick to RF no matter what happens. Which of course changed because he was playing it behind my back last week. He's now got a gnome warlock.
Being an Accretia is not bad. Yeah we pretty much lose wars pretty much all the time but it's not because we're weak. Mostly it's because there are no Accretian players in the Philippines. Come on there are times when I play in an area all by myself even when it's not too late. I'm sure the other races, Cora and Bellato have more appeal. Bellato being related to the Gundams and Cora are the beautiful magic users. I wanted to be a Bellato so I could try the Mao but noooo. Everyone who was to be in our guild was an Accretia, I had no choice and now they're all in WoW.
I did love my name though, Demosthenes. Though I chose the name because of another reason, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game. One of the best science fiction stories I have ever read. In it, Demosthenes is Ender's sister's Valentine's political code name. She and their older brother Peter, who picked the name Locke became two of the greatest political minds of their time, while they were still kids. Demosthenes was the more violent activist, pressing for change while Locke was the passive voice.
Unfortunately I'm blogging to stop me from playing WoW or RF because I have to study and I have an exam I am completely unprepared for this friday not to mention homework due on wednesday...
I seem to be back in the good old days except these days, I ahve the money to support my habit because I work... Now if only there were more hours in a day...
Who am I kidding. I'll probably just play more.
By the way, my flickr is more updated. Gaiman pics are there and my puppies pics (who are now sooo much bigger than the cuties in the pics are). Just check them out and though they're old news, i'll fit them in somehow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Big bust amateurs