Wednesday, April 01, 2020

40

To be fair, the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42.  However, 40 is still a pretty big milestone.
I've had a fairly good life. I've had bad years and I've had good years. 2009 was a bad year, 2019 and right now after reading my other blog, apparently even 2014 was bad. 
In my experience though, years that follow bad ones are usually good and I had such high hopes for 2020...
Three months into 2020 though and we have gone through a volcanic eruption and a pandemic. My son, who was such a sweet child before suddenly became a demonic teenager and has decided to start fighting me.  Work is okay but I am under so much stress I wonder all the time if this is really right for me.
I feel like I am always being thrown into a situation that I am not prepared for and it is exhausting.
I missed my solo trip to Japan.  I was so worried of catching the virus and risking my family that I decided not to go anymore.
So no marathon, no solo trip, no hotel staycation and I barely managed to buy myself a cake.
We just went through one quarter and I feel like this year is so long.
Though looking back at the last 40 years, I have been able to accomplish a lot:

I ran a marathon even if my heart could not technically handle it.
I went through two miscarriages but
I had a child even though it was impossible to have one.
I swam with sharks - reef sharks and a whale shark.
I went to Europe on my own.
I broke an ankle.
I lost weight.
I've drunk so much I forgot what happened except for the throwing up part.
I performed in front of people multiple times.
I've climbed mountains, dove down the sea...
I've gone to Japan 8 times now, across all 4 seasons.
I found my soulmate.

I'm basically ticking my bucket list.

I just need to write all this down, finish my novel and I am good.

I just need to survive.

Here's to the next 40-60 years coz I plan to live till I am a 100 or at least live my life to the fullest.
Wish me luck.

No comments: