Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Life can be weird. This week definitely borders on weird.
It's my last week at work. I realized that there are some people I would probably miss.
I won't miss going to such a far place and waking up early though.
I would miss the free internet.
Just when we've got a really fast connection too.
Classes start this week as well.
Both my subjects are more on math than electronics.

I just found out that Fully Booked will be milking Neil Gaiman's trip for all it's worth.
You need a book signing pass.
To get a book signing pass, you need to buy either a graphic novel or 2 neil gaiman books.
You can get two items signed at any of the signings for each book signing pass and at most 2 book signing passes for each signing. You have to go to the back of the line after the two passes are used.

There's also a raffle ticket for ever neil gaiman book purchased prizes at stake are :

1st Prize - Complete "Sandman" series (1-10), signed by Neil Gaiman AND dinner with Neil Gaiman on July 11,2005 (together with winner ofthe Art Competition).
2nd Prize - "Marvel 1602" signed by Neil Gaiman
3rd Prize - "Creatures of the Night" signed by Neil Gaiman

Please please let me have the first prize! As if the complete SIGNED Sandman series wasn't enough dinner with neil gaiman is a dream come true! Seriously just imagine the conversation! I'm putting all my good luck on this one hehe. I'm taking all my dreams of talking to him and getting things signed (4x last dream was this weekend) as a premonition.

I also wish I was a great artist instead of being a hopeless amateur with sketches of chibi endless because there's also a drawing contest and neil gaiman will pick the winner.

Criteria for Judging: Creativity (25%), Originality (25%), Skill (25%), and Impact (25%).•
First Prize – Original Artwork from "Last Temptation" signed by Neil Gaiman AND Dinner with Neil Gaiman on July 11, 2005 (together with the winner of the Neil Gaiman raffle)
Second Prize – "Mirrormask" signed by Neil Gaiman
Third Prize – "Murder Mysteries" signed by Neil Gaiman

Aaaarrrgghh wish I had more money or maybe I can be like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory and need only one chocolate bar.

All that and the idea of what to say when I actually get something signed. Blurting out "your work is great" (duh!) or "im your biggest fan" (movie star reaction) or "please lend me your brain so i can write something great" may all be out of the question.

Still, if you are getting something signed by an author you like, you have this urge to say something witty and memorable when you're actually face to face.

I got that urge with eve ensler. I was standing in line panicking about what to actually say than just nod and say hi. Neal made it easier for me to not look like i was panicking coz he was tense. In the end I got to meet monique wilson and i got invited to watch Vday with them which is NOT so bad. Not bad at all.

I just hope he likes his visit and comes back often or I can actually migrate to a country he usually does signings. Anyway, I'm sure all of his fans would try to show him that he should come back.

By the way, my friend finally found the neil gaiamn signed postcard. Hopefully, it won't get lost in the mail. The last time something from Canada was sent to me, it went on a short vacation in Thailand.

No comments: