Thursday, June 02, 2005

movies, gadgets and the search for the ultimate thesis project

I practically ran from my office yesterday just to make it in time to watch Sin City in Gateway. Well, I drove so it was partially ok. The problem was it was raining and as usual, cars slowed down and the SuperHighway was once again super slow.
I only have to endure this for one more week. I should be grateful.
Anyway, neal and I actually got good seats.
The movie was great, the director chose to intermingle the stories though he didn't arrange them according to a timeline and the movie was so faithful in their adaptation that if it was narrated on the comic, it would probably be narrated in the movie.
The action scenes were a bit unnatural. I love the way the bodies fall or get thrown, they follow the comics style instead of normal gravity.
My favorite scene was when Jackie Boy's (Benicio Del Toro) body was talking to Dwight (Clive Owen) while he was driving to the pits. Even the girl beside me stopped clinging to her boyfriend for a while to laugh.
I hated the fact that they slapped an R13 rating on it because they thought kids will watch it because it is a comic book adaptation. I hated it because they cut a lot of brutal scenes or naked scenes. I don't hate it because I wanted to see those scenes but the way they cut it out was horrible. It was too obvious and the story jumps, lines are lost and it made the movie choppy for the first 20 minutes.
Well, I'm waiting for the DVD copy anyway and they pretty much gave up chopping up scenes in the last half of the movie.

Next movie I'm looking forward to is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (june 24).

I'm also looking forward to Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle (adapted from the Diana Wynne Jones book). The movie has now been dubbed to english and has a Disney website.

I'm going to enroll for my master's tomorrow. The hardest part in getting my masters is looking for a really cool cutting edge thesis project. Something unique that no one else has done before and something that I can do before some big corporation beats me to it. Simple isn't it? *insert sarcastic tone here*
Anyway, to get stated on my idea search, I looked for gadget websites like Think Geek and the "we make money not art" web site. If anyone else knows other nice gadget or high technology sites please tell me. \^_^O thanks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://hsdvhhfu.com/auuw/xpkb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://igvkhpuw.com/ykps/ugsq.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://hsdvhhfu.com/auuw/xpkb.html | http://nbtyixpp.com/urni/oyyk.html

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit