Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Digital Camera fun

my sister came home with my new digital camera. I'm paying for it slowly hehe so it really is mine.

It's a Sony DSC-W5. Not as nice as my dream Canon EOS camera but it is lightweight and really good. It can be a point and shoot camera for people who don't want to bother with details but it has enough features for me to satisfy my craving for photography. It's also small enough to bring up a mountain and when I buy the waterproof casing, it's great for underwater photography.

I took a picture in my room with the lights closed. The room was so dark I couldn't see anything in the viewscreen but when the pic turned out brightly lit.
I can't wait to try it during the socials or underwater.

The W5 can be equipped with several accessories that are very handy and expensive (most are around 100-200 US dollars) so I'll probably be buying them one at a time ^_^.
Some of the available items are external flash, telephoto lens, polarizing filters, and my personal favorite: underwater casing. The good thing is Sony prices here are almost similar to the US dollar equivalents unlike the Canon cameras and accessories.


watching CSI while playing with my new camera Posted by Hello

I've been taking huge pictures ^_^ the camera is currently set at 5MP all the time. Most of my pictures are of my dog of course. Tammy seems to find it strange that we started dressing her up for pics. She always seems to find the right moment to move so the shot will be ruined. I did get some nice pics of her though.

I'll play around with it some more until I get the hang of it. Been taking pics of anything as long as I have the time. I will bring it to neal's sister's wedding. The location and occassion couldn't be more perfect for me to try out its abilities: people are dressed up and the place where they are holding the reception is wonderful.

I'm also a bridesmaid so neal might take most of the church pics. I haven't been a bridesmaid since I had to wear a bright red Maria Clara outfit for my cousin's wedding and my closest friends are making sure I get married before them ( I don't want to get married before them too ) so I'm looking forward to this Sunday.

No comments: