Monday, May 09, 2005

fan films and my old best friend and how some accidents don't give you second chances.

i was sick friday.
not the i'm-just-mildly-sick-i-can-still-go-to-work-but-didn't-want-to type of sick but the i-cant-even-stand-to get-my-own-medicine type of sick.
it was horrible and i had a very busy weekend planned so i had to get well last friday or suffer going through saturday sick.
i did the latter by the way. my throat felt like it was scraped with a knife.
i also attended che's (neal's sister) wedding last sunday. I was a bridesmaid who took care of the candles. I loved that. more details on that and pics later.
-------
for those of you who love star wars. aids, paul and a rej's oneal are part of a new fan film called Twilight Jedi. Details are in the website.
Another website I just discovered is suzanne's. She and I exchanged blogs through friendster messages.
-----------
People change. Well, some people change and you can't handle them anymore but there are special people in your life who change but you're still friends.
Suzanne is just like that. We barely saw each other during our high school and college years but we still get along well. I always want to find time to spend with my friends but I'm also a procrastinator like Dawn so I don't usually find the time.
I've started reading her website/blog and i just realized why we were inseperable back in elementary. People who really know us will understand why she was my best friend back then, and why we're still close now.
-----------------------
i'm sorry for jumping from one topic to the next. i hate it too but I have a lot to do.
-------------------------------
One of my college professors, Doc A, has just died. Details about it are still vague and still in the rumor-level.
He's well known to all ECE students in UP as a terror who has high standards that you can count the number of people who has gotten a 1 in his class with your hands even if he has been teaching for several years now. He's the only professor who (unofficially i think but he always gets it every semester) has his own room in the College of Enginering.
He's a great teacher who either overestimates the abilities of his students or expects them to strive harder. He has a different approach to the subject and he uses his published papers as reference. He wants the students to learn and if you don't understand what he's talking about that's a sign you have forgotten what you should, in theory, already know.
I knew his daughter back in highschool and I was really happy to learn that he still knew me when I took his class in college.
I wanted to be his student again for my any of my masters subjects.
I just really wanted to show him that I could put my heart into studying for his subject unlike what I did before.
Now it's too late.
His wake is now held in the UP chapel. The funeral, if the news I heard is accurate, will be this wednesday. For people who know him, there can be no mistake because there is just one Doc A, please visit.
We've just lost a true legend.

No comments: