Monday, May 30, 2005

Monday stuff

Before I post another long entry about another mountain, will just get these things out of the way:
First of all, Neil Gaiman is coming to Manila this July 9-11. He's confirmed it and so has Fully Booked. Join the yahoo group to get emails about the event. Read the Anansi Girl's blog to see the poster and for other details.

Just realized I'm going to be leaving work in two weeks. I don't think it has sunk in yet since been busy with a project and trying to get enrolled for my masters at the same time.

Project's been cancelled which is kind of sad and my enrollment is going well.

The only thing I'm concerned with right now is how best to save all my documents and put them in my home computer. Especially my 3 Gig worth of e-books and 5 Gig of music. Also I won't be able to blog as often as I used to since an intenet connection is not that easily available in my next job.

I'd just like to say I want this robot ^_^ as a companion and I would like to introduce a brand new comic johann *demanded* i read called The Order of the Stick. I loved it. Anyone who has played pen and paper Dungeons and Dragons will love it. It's very funny.

Of course I'm also promoting Neal's fantasy blog called Adventures in Faraway Realms where he writes about their campaigns. It's just starting but it's a fun read. Trust me, playing with those guys are fun. That's probably why I love Order of the Stick. Their craziness is comforting.

I also watched Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. It is better than the first two prequels. There were cringe moments in the dialogue. The acting did kind of suck but there were funny moments and really cool effects. I thought the whole Anakin to Darth Vader thing was not as good as it could have been. Oh well, at least it is finished.

Though neal left for work right after the film, my mom and my sis went with me to Coffee Bean. It was our first time to go there so we didn't know what to expect. I ordered a Moroccan Mint Tea Latte and it was heavenly! I love my beginner's luck, it always lets me buy really good food during my first visit.

I loved it so much I kept metioning it to my mom and sis all night until the next day. I'm sorry but it made Starbucks look and taste so normal.

The next day I splurged on the original DVD of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Princess Bride. I didnt get to buy new shoes which I needed for the new job though I was able to get 2 new blouses.

Arrgh I need slacks and shoes. All I have are jeans and rubber shoes. I can't wear my boots everyday! What's a great store for these things people? I need to shop.

No comments: