Monday, February 14, 2005

currently listening to:


currently listening to: Posted by Hello
I have to admit I'm really biased when it comes to this musical. The only musicals I know all the songs (or lines) are Les Miserables, Once on this Island and Phantom of the Opera.
When I was a kid, I used to listen to the Original Cast Phantom of the Opera production in two casettes. I never really understood Christine's predicament back then.

A lot of people didn't like the movie. Basically it had bad reviews. I just love the music. Yes, I agree that the Phantom looks like a young macho guy who just happened to have a disfigured face instead of the old, deformed monster in the book. I didn't like it too. The guy who played Raoul is meant to be weak and just pretty anyway. Even in the book, I didn't like him.

I'm going to defend Minnie Driver. Some people didn't like her coz she acted "as annoying as possible". ( quoted from here)

I liked the way she acted. Opera singers during that time were invaluable to the opera house. They got everything they wanted, they were loved by everyone and they were bitchy.
That's pretty much why they can be annoying but since they were really good they got away with it. Her role probably got more money than the lead male singer during those days.
So she did her part right.

No comments: