Tuesday, February 08, 2005

tuesday : wallpapers


my current wallpaper: from Jill Thompson's little endless storybook Posted by Hello

Yup, I guess having adobe photoshop and knowing how to use it (wow, something useful learned from my project that doesn't involve programming) has its advantages. You can make you own wallpaper! Of course all the artwork was done by Jill Thompson, who draws the best Delirium pictures. She also drew the Little Endless which are adorable. I'll probably post more wallpapers if I still have the time to make them.

I've always wanted to have small ceramic figurines of the little endless made since I saw the pictures. If anyone knows where I can get them please tell me. The ones made by DC are pretty expensive.

Speaking of wallpapers, head off to Original Sins and you can download a Constantine Fan Art kit ( 18Mb ). The kit contains pics and logos that can be used to create your own Constantine movie wallpaper. The best ones are featured in the official movie site. This is actually a good way to get great wallpapers without actually hiring people. While you're there, A Perfect Circle song plays and makes the visit worthwhile.

It's also very useful for computer newbies (and the not so newbies) to check out these few simple rules to not kill a PC. It's an article from PC Stats entitled: Beginners Guides: Most Common Ways to Kill a PC. If the link fails, you can search the archives using the title.

I forgot to put the link for the sign I created yesterday. You can make your own sign here.

There's a nice black and white show called the muppet overtime original. It's a really good short film and you should go watch it. The shorter version can be found here though I suggest watching the original since it is only 5 minutes long.

Meanwhile, as I was looking for a decent trailer for the Hide and Seek movie, I saw Tim Burton's next film: The Corpse Bride. Stars include Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. I like the trailer. The original story as well as some related film news can be found here. The moral of the story: Don't put a wedding ring on a stick and don't do the wedding dance around it.

The Hide and Seek movie seems good. The internet web site is downright scary. It's full of surprises and it is fun to go through the different scenes. The sounds accompanying the tour reminded me of the reason why I never listened to the Resident Evil sound effects wile playing it. The site is definitely something I would not visit at night. It's already got me ready to jump out of my chair and its still bright and shiny.

I missed Kung Fu Hustle!!! I think I've lost track of all the other movies I wanted to watch. I should keep a list or something. People who watched the Sundance loved it. I had no idea they had dance numbers aarrrggghhh.

The Kung Fu Hustle web site is filled with audio clips, wallpapers, avatars and games :) You have a choice between Kung Fu Fighter, Pigsty Panic, Axe Gang Rampage and Ice Cream Mania. Haven't tried any of the games yet but the preview seems fun.


No comments: