Thursday, February 03, 2005

i'm sorry

yup, another neil gaiman post... hopefully the last one till we actually get news whether he will go here or not.
i got news from johann yesterday that neil gaiman's visit to the Philippines is not supported by any major company. A bunch of his fans invited him and he agreed but before he can really go here, the money has to be raised and stuff like that.
Johann's girlfriend tin knows the guys involved ( she's in the business so she knows ) and johann told me the estimated amount needed. it's 150% of what I expected so that means neil gaiman might stay here for a while or I grossly miscalculated the hotel expenses.
Anyway, i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
----------
If I get more free time from work I'll try to change the look or at least update the links... I'm getting the blog addresses of my friends so I can add them too but it takes time.
I finished reading Sin City.
Well the comics cos gave me anyway. I have to hand it to Frank Miller. He's one of the directors and they managed to make the film exactly like the comics. I don't think he's going to change the plot or anything. The scenes even come from the comic book pages themselves.
The lines are exactly alike and Rosario Dawson is perfect for Gail and Clive Owen does look a bit like the new face of Dwight so I'm really excited about that.
Of course Constantine comes first and well, I haven't read the entire Constantine series but I like him. I know the movie plot might not be from the comics but I hope Keanu does John Constantine justice.
The new Batman movie will also have Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai) as Ra's Al-Ghul and Cillian Murphy as Jonathan Crane / Scarecrow as the villains. I just hope Katie Holmes actually fits in the movie coz I love Christian Bale as Batman, I've liked him in Swing Kids though I admit I liked Robert Sean Leonard (Neil Perry in Dead Poets Society) better.
----------------
I don't know why i get attached to some songs sometimes. Around a month ago I kept listening to "Comfortable" by John Mayer, a week ago to "Warrior is a Child" by Gary Valenciano and now "Name" by Goo Goo Dolls.

No comments: