Monday, February 14, 2005

im blind but at least i can still hear

Three weeks ago, I got glasses.
Two days after that, I convinced myself that I didn't need them because my eyesight was fine. (did i mention i was stubborn?)
A week after that, I started wearing them again and now... I never realized how helpful they were till I forgot them...
Yup. I'm not completely blind. My glasses have a 25-50 grade and that's not so bad except I have astigmatism and the computer now seems brighter than usual and a bit hazy.
---------------------
oh yeah today is valentine's day...
usually i don't even notice, it doesn't feel different. nothing extraordinary happens and i happen to have a "date" who believes that valentine's day is so cliche.

though i didn't really feel jealous when a co worker of mine got flowers :) they were so pretty.. too pink for my taste. (i just want green carnations and snap dragons.) but it was so sweet because her bf already left (he's on a boat somewhere) and he still sent her flowers.

valentine's day used to be a day when i got my mom and grandmother flowers.

i just wish i could bring my grandmother flowers once more.
-------------------------
I finally got to see Phantom of the Opera this weekend. I was happy to find out that I still knew most of the songs .
Seriously.
A must see movie for those who love the musical.
Yes, the soundtrack and the movie are downloadable through bittorrent.

The Phantom has this one heart wrenching line :

"He was born to love you when he heard you sing"

The irony of being part of the reason why your love has found someone else...

I love the way the movie changes from the present to the past. The golden human arms torch lit hallway, and the way they did the Masquerade and the Notes song.

I especially love Minnie Driver as Carlotta. I don't think anyone else would have been able to carry it so well.
-------------------------
Lokitorrent has been shut down. But if you go back there, there's this threatening page that almost makes you think the government is watching you from your monitor.
"You can click but you can't hide..."
I wonder who makes their slogans :)

Bittorrent will never die. Even if all the american sites are shut down, they will still reopen somewhere somehow. If all else fails, their are a lot of foreign sites anyway...
you just got to learn the language.

No comments: