Thursday, April 21, 2005

a few good things and a few bad things.

I wasn't really sure what to post. I've been blog hopping and reading and doing 5 things at once because I have nothing else to do.

Yup, once again, our project is done. So unless some major bug is found I'm free to do anything as long as I'm not downloading stuff using bittorrent.

Speaking of which, these days, bittorrent is the cause for 35% of the internet traffic. It has even surpassed Kazaa and other P2P file swapping protocols in terms of traffic and number of users.It was also the cause of some major traffic here in our office which made our boss mad. Good thing I haven't used bittorrent in ages.

Doing 5 things at once is hard on my emotions. If I could just look at all of them without feeling, it'll be easier but I'll find it harder to write about it.
Currently I'm : 1. reading Megatokyo
2. Reviewing CSS and HTML
3. Finding the right color combination and making new pics for my blog layout
4. Testing the web part of our project
5. Writing my blog post and blog hopping.

I checked dawnie's blog and she found this amazing tour guide who gives tours around manila. His blog is also a delight to read.
Dawn and I love travelling. I never pass a chance to go anywhere no matter how bad I may be feeling.Even if I have to go with total strangers I wouldn't mind as long as I get to travel. Lately, climbing mountains has brought me to different parts of Batangas.
I would love to be able to go to Visayas or Mindanao though. I've only travelled in Luzon.Trips to different parts of the country has been my main agenda for this summer. I'm just waiting for my sister to come back from the States so we can go to Palawan or Sagada or Singapore or Malaysia (courtesy of the super cheap flights some airlines are offering).

I went over to Tin's and Jo's blog and I all I could do was sigh at the pre nuptial pictures they put up that Pilar Tuason took. If I had any occasion lined up (and money) I'd ask her to take pictures of me too. (^-^)!

A Friendster bulletin gave me a link to a petition page against Japan. Last week, I accidentally saw news of China's protests against Japan on TV. Accidentally because I really don't watch the news, I prefer to read them and watch something else.Apparently China started protesting over the newly approved Japanese schoolbooks that "gloss" over Japanese cruelty during the war.

I think it was really sad and kind of scary when the Japanese commented that :
They admit that deaths and rapes did occur, but say they were on a much
smaller scale than reported. And in any case, they argue, these things happen in
times of war.

I haven't signed the petition yet. I'm confused because I like Japan. I want to go there, I like the culture, I like their history though only up to the Meiji Era. Japan is at fault too. Brutality during a war is real but it is not necessary. Though I'd also like to point out that Japan is NOT the only country who would rather forget their actions during the past World Wars.

I'm just glad we are not at war.
Well, not World Wars anyway.
Wars are great when they're shown in the movie screen, when huge armies fight against each other and we're all amazed by the armour and weapons while we're sitting on our couch. People die bloody deaths but we know that it's not real.

Real wars scare me.

For me no amount of money or power or belief is worth killing millions of people and destroying billions of lives.

Since I want to end things lightly I'd like to ask for help. hehe. I'm not that good with color combinations. I really want a green and dark violet theme for my web pages because I was inspired by the Dragons presentation at Animal Planet. Unfortunately the last time I actually did a layout for a web page was when I was in highschool and wow, that was almost a decade ago.

Arrgh! Back to work, or non-work.

No comments: