Thursday, April 28, 2005

plug!


WATCH! Posted by Hello

Filipino independent movies rarely make it to the big screen but when they do, they don't disappoint.

Sa Aking Pagkakagising Mula sa Kamulatan (My Awakening from Consciousness) is an independent film directed by Ato M. Bautista. It is a film unafraid to show violence, rage and sex.

Violence in movies especially foreign movies like Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction and even American History X affects me though there is a certain amount of detachment. This film gets too close to the truth because of the familiar settings.

Im hoping that it gets noticed by International Film Festivals to show the world that Filipinos can still make quality films that can rival their own.

The characters are well written, the editing superb (hehe yehey Carding!) and the flow of the movie suits it well. I found myself hating and loving the characters while watching the movie.

The film is showing at Glorietta 1 from May 5-11, I wasn't really paying attention yet so I might have the dates wrong. Watch it and tell your friends to watch it. It has an R18 rating so don't bring your younger siblings and grandparents.

No comments: