Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Latin is a wonderful language that is sometimes just used to sound intelligent. It is a dead language after all. Here's a website I found amusing.

I also liked these simple transalations:

Nescio quid dicas
--I don't know what you're talking about

Ita erat quando hic adveni.
--It was that way when I got here

Cogito ergo sum
-- I think, therefore I am

followed by

Cogito ergo doleo
--I think, therefore I am depressed

Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.
--Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out.

Braccae tuae aperiuntur
--Your fly is open

Subucula tua apparet
--Your slip is showing

Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades
--If you can read this bumper sticker, you are both very well educated, and much too close

hmm.. far from carpe diem aren't they?

I really want to change the look for my blog. I also want to change my tabulas blog because it allows me more freedom in the design.

This means working out a layout and a scheme for a few days, then figuring out how to do it, then thinking it's really hard to do, scrap that scheme and the cycle starts all over again.

I did try several background possibilities when I played around with my Adobe Photoshop. SO I hope I find one that suits me very soon.

No comments: